For Parents Only
- Pedestrian Safety - Young children should always be accompanied by an adult or an older, responsible child. All children should walk, not run. Children should carry a flashlight and should be cautioned against running out from between cars, or across lawns.
- Costume Check - Help your child pick out his/her costume. Whether it's specially made or purchased, it should:
- Be made of flame retardant material
- Have eye holes large enough not to obstruct peripheral vision.
- Basic Safety Talk - Use this time to talk about general safety, not just Halloween safety. Don't get into cars with strangers. Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Check It Out - Always check the treats. Parents should also know who their children are going with and where their children are going. Children should go only to homes where the residents are known and have outside lights on as a sign of welcome.
- As an added safety tool, please visit the sex offender search function
to identify houses in your neighborhood where you might not want your kids to visit this Halloween.