Louisiana Automated Victims Notification System
The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, in conjunction with The Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement, is pleased to provide the LAVNS (Louisiana Automated Victim Notification System) service to the victims of crime in Jefferson Parish.
Recognizing the needs of the individuals we serve, this service will provide a free and anonymous telephone service that provides victims of crime two important features: Information and Notification.
LAVNS will monitor the custody status of offenders in parish jails, state prisons and current court cases.
LAVNS provides a LIVE Operator to callers 24 hours a day 7 days a week by calling (866-528-6748)(866-LAVNS-4-U). LAVNS phone information is available in English, Spanish, French and Vietnamese. LAVNS also provides access via a public website www.vinelink.com for probationer custody status and online registration.
LAVNS PUBLIC WEBSITE ACCESS
Crime Victims and concerned citizens may register themselves for notification by calling the above noted LAVNS toll-free number (866-528-6748) or via the LAVNS Public Website Access link above.
In order to register, callers will need to provide LAVNS with the following information:
- A telephone number, including area code, where you can be reached for notification
- A 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN)
Information Required to Search LAVNS
- Offender/Defendant Number
- Offender/Defendant Name
- Case Number
Information Provided by LAVNS
- Offender Number
- Current Offender Custody Status
- Location of Offender
- Sentence Expiration Date
- Parole Eligibility Status
- Scheduled Release Date
- Charges (When made available)
- Bail (When made available)
- Court Information (Including date,time,location and type of next court event)